Mission and Vision
The Northern Louisiana Chapter is a regional component of PMI and a resource for all aspects of project management leadership and information in Northern Louisiana. The chapter members are offered annual activities supported by an all volunteer staff. In addition, the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification has been achieved by over 80% of its members.
The Chapter’s mission is to support the interests and needs of its members by providing the leadership and forums for expanding and sharing the knowledge of Project Management.
General Purpose. The Northern Louisiana Chapter has been founded as non-profit, tax exempt corporation (or equivalent) chartered by PMI, and is dedicated to advancing the practice, science, and profession of project management in a conscious and proactive manner.
Specific Purposes. Consistent with the terms of the Charter executed between the Northern Louisiana Chapter and PMI and the Bi-laws, the purposes of the Northern Louisiana Chapter will include the following:
- To foster professionalism in the management of projects
- To contribute to the quality and scope of project management
- To stimulate appropriate global application of project management for the benefit of general public.
- To provide a recognized forum for the free exchange of ideas, applications, and solutions to project management issues among its members, and others interested and involved in project management.
- To identify and promote the fundamentals of project management and advance the body of knowledge for managing projects successfully.